Wednesday, April 4, 2007

Pecking Order :-)

A spider climbed the wall
‘Oh,’ thought the ant, ‘what gall!
Just because he has so many legs,
he treats us like bloody dregs!!’

The lizard crept up the wall
‘Oh,’ thought the spider, ‘what gall!
Just because he is a reptile,
he comes and cramps my style!!’

When he heard the cat’s lazy drawl
‘Oh,’ thought the lizard, ‘what gall!
Just because he is big and sly,
I have to scamper to a nook so high!!’

When he saw the dog ready for a brawl
‘Oh,’ thought the cat, ‘what gall!
Just because he can howl and bark
I can’t even enjoy my lark!!’

When he heard the man call
‘Oh,’ thought the dog, ‘what gall!
Just because he can walk on his hind,
he makes us run and do the grind!!’

The man thought, ‘I rule them all!’
‘Oh,’ thought He, amused, ‘what gall!
Someday each of you will perish,
when and how is purely my wish!!’

(The first stanza is courtesy my friend, Meghna.)

1 comment:

Sathish said...

:) ..

... may be he includes him (when he wish to perish) :-?