Tuesday, April 21, 2009

The Lonely Traveler

I had put up this photo on my Facebook profile and my dearest friend Mia thought that this photograph deserves a poem. And, how could I refuse her wish. So, this one is for you, Mia. Oh, btw, the photograph was taken by another friend of mine, K.R, so any praise for the photograph should go to her.



I walk alone through the untrodden paths

Beholding the sights that beckon me

Drawn to them like the earth to the sky

I seek no other pleasure or company

The paths I tread are my only destiny

Lead me to my destination, the endless horizons

8 comments:

Shruthi said...

never knew you blogged. You should write more :)You write so well.
Keep 'em coming!

Wanderlust said...

@Shruthi, Thanks, will try to keep 'em coming. I am a constant contemplator, and a chronic procrastinator which makes me a casual writer :-)

Shruthi said...

You are Tagged!

Wanderlust said...

@shruthi, tagged where?

Shruthi said...

Hey Poorni. Visit my blog. I have tagged you to do a post :)

Swaram said...

Nice one!

Wanderlust said...

@Swaram Thank You :-)

Paul said...

There is so much strength in these words. Your being is your goal... naturally. I'm inspired.