Saturday, April 11, 2009

Update from Nowhere

I am back. For those of you who care and have been wondering whether I had fallen off the face of the earth, I can say that I came close to that. I will save the yawn-inducing, tongue-wagging, shoulder-shrugging, eye-popping or mind-boggling (depending on your level of interest and curiosity) details of my oh-so eventful life and just say that I have been there, done that and now I am back to square one. Or maybe, I belong to a different demographic now. At this moment, I don’t know and I don’t care. For those of you who know what I am talking about and believe that I will bounce back, thank you all for your support and encouragement.

And to answer the question whether I have bounced back, all I can say is I am trying my best. I am like a yo-yo that has gone bad, down most days and coming up once in a while. Today is one of those days and the reason for this post, to talk about two special people in my life, who without their knowledge and without even trying have kept me afloat. And for their presence in my life, I thank God and maybe even forgive Him for everything else that should not have been.



My Angels


Food for Thought

When I am defeated and question the meaning of life,
your guileless words make it seem so profound.
When I am in doubt and wonder if there is truth,
your adorable gestures make me want to believe.
When I am heartbroken and deny the beauty of love,
your warm hugs show me the essence of true love
When I am weak and ready to give up the fight,
your honest vulnerability gives me strength.
When I am scared and unable to conquer the fear,
your uninhibited smiles bring me hope and cheer.
When I am dejected and my soul needs to heal,
my dear angels, you prove to be my only elixir.
Things may come and things may go in this uncertain world,
but will there be anything more pure than a child’s innocent love?

6 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jayteapea said...

cute kids, cool mom, lovely poem!

Mia said...

It's strange how an innocent smile makes every other trouble disappear

Kunal said...

... but will there be anything more pure than a child’s innocent love?

The short answer : Yes

The long answer : On request

On an unrelated note, what's pink and red and goes round and round?

A baby in the mixie.

Welcome back. I was looking forward to your updates

Wanderlust said...

@Kunal I absolutely detest your joke! Sigh! Sometimes, I wonder how we two are friends... the things you say!!!

Kunal said...

I wonder too.

For the long answer, you may, if you wish, check my June 2009 post in http://italesplus.blogspot.com.